Tervetuola blogiin

1.2.12

Baking & no money

Well. Lets start with the second part of the subject since it sucks.
I am very strapped for cash because it is the first of February. The applications for UB's Library Science programme are due today. I finished mine back in December. The applications go to the committee tomorrow morning. :/ Now I am a little paranoid about that. But, I have just thought of all of the money I have to spend just to get all of the stuff taken care of. $25 application fee for the apartments on campus I want to go for, the $300 housing deposit, and the admissions deposit. :( I only have a little over $300 in my account, $400 after I put in my last 2 pay checks from NDA. This means I have to use the money from Christmas that was supposed to go towards a laptop (though I am getting money from my dad that he owes me.)
This means I have to ask Mike for money... I hate doing that, even if he has enough to help me. I know he would have no problem helping me since I'll split the costs with him, that and he loves helping me if he can. I hate to have to because he is applying for the Law School programme at the same school.
note: No we did not plan that. Long before we met (we met in 06) we both knew we wanted to go to UB for Graduate School. I knew my career path back in 2003, him somewhere while he was still in high school.

So, now I have not much money, a lot that needs to be spent. I have to take care of loan stuff (I have to get a hold of Chase to see what I have to do to change my information... -.- so they can send me information about my loan that I have to defer, I have to get ahold of the Department of Edu to defer my loans.)

I have no job so yeah ^^"
Oh and on the Medicaid front, because I worked within the last 6 mo... Even though it was a Student worker job, part time, 3.5hr a week at minimum wage... I have to apply for unemployment and have paperwork from them either denying me or something before I can apply for Medicaid. -.- Stupid. Oh well... I'll get insurance eventually.

Baking:
Now the happy thing. I dunno if I mentioned but my boyfriend is taking the LSAT (Law School Admissions Test) on the 11th of this month. My plan is to spend Friday with him to help him study (the 10th) then depending on what happens, if I'm home on the 11th while he's at the U of R taking his test, I want to bake him his cookie cake. http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,176,151185-235199,00.html
The above is the recipe I make for him. I first made it for him back in 2007 when he first went away to Fredonia State. It was the weekend after Halloween that year and my dad drove me down to visit him for the weekend as a late birthday weekend for the 2 of us (Our birthdays are 5 days apart in October). His birthday cake is a Chocolate Chip Cookie cake. His mom would just normally buy it from the grocery store in town and it's just basically a giant cookie. I like it yes. But, I like baking. So, I surprised him with a birthday cake. This cookie cake is more cakey but is still like a cookie. ^^ he loved it, still was eating it a few days after I had gone home. I still make it for him. His mom doesn't buy the cookie cake for him for his birthday anymore: she buys a frozen cheesecake sampler. If I'm home he gets that and this cake. ^^
But, I was away at school both in 2010 and 2011 at our birthday times. So, it has been a couple years since I made it for him. So, I figure I'll surprise him with this on the 11th when he comes over to grab me from my house before we go to his house for the evening (plus his evening of being spoiled which is why I'm making the cake for him)

Oh look, a wall of text ^^"

No comments:

Post a Comment